The ZCoin project aims to address a glaring concern in the cryptocurrency market: privacy.
- Zcoin is not Zcash.
- Zcoin is based on the Zerocoin protocol.
In the early days of Bitcoin, it seemed that Bitcoin was the perfect embodiment of anonymous transactions. Having a decentralized, peer-to-peer, trust-less and cryptographically based system proved attractive for those who wish to transfer funds in privacy. Unfortunately, research has proven that wrong. In fact some companies like BitFury, have started with the premise of unraveling the perceived anonymity of the Bitcoin technology using techniques like clustering.
Quick Facts About Zcoin:
- Algorithm: Lyra2z (Temporary until 2018) MTP (late 2018)
- Symbol: XZC
- Supply: There will be 21.4 million Zcoins. Zcoin follows the same halving cycle as Bitcoin (every 4 years).
- (Original, later on changed) 10% of the total Zcoin supply will be distributed to the Founders Reward as time passes. In the first 4 years, 20% of Zcoins will be distributed to the Founders Reward. In other words, during the first 4 years, 40 Zcoins will go to the miners and 10 Zcoins will go towards the Founders reward. After the first 4 years, the block reward goes completely towards the miners.
- Cryptosystem Parameter: RSA-2048
- Anonymizing Factor: Zero-Knowledge Proofs
Lead Developer and Founder: Poramin Insom
- B.Eng. in Computer Engineering, Second Class Honors, KMITL
- Worked at Microsoft Thailand, Accenture Malaysia
- M.S. in Security Informatics, Johns Hopkins University
- Founder and Core Developer at Zcoin
- Second lieutenant at Cyberwarfare Unit, Royal Thai Armed Forces
- CEO & Co-Founder at Satang Corporation – Satang.com and TDAX.com
- Also the founder of Vertcoin and Zerovert.
- Peter Shugalev – Lead Core Developer
- Andrey Bezrukov – C++ Developer
- Tadhg Riordan – Solidity Developer
- Martun Karapetyan – Cryptographer and Developer
- Miho Frankovic – Developer and Software QA
- Mariia Kren – QA Engineer
- Joseph Nicholas Alcantara – Developer
- djm34 – Miner Developer
- Saran Siriphantnon – Developer
- Hung Nguyen – Developer
- Zachary Diebold – Developer
- Reuben Yap – Chief Operations Officer
- Sebastian Bausch – China Liaison
- Aaron Ting – Events and Outreach
- Sandra Yap – Director of Partnerships and Media
- Sebastian M. – Community Support
- Anwar P. – Senior Support
The Bitcoin blockchain when leveraged by law enforcement can be used against anyone. We now know that through several breakthroughs made by law enforcement concerning the apprehension of some of Bitcoin’s users.
This course would be a beginner’s introduction to the ZCoin and most notably of the ZeroCoin projects. It would include technical discussions on cryptography so it is suggested that the student take this BitcoinHomework course on Bitcoin Mining as a requirement.
- Lectures 8
- Quizzes 1
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 219
- Assessments Yes
This section will focus on the most fundamental aspects of Zerocoin. It will briefly go into Zcoin's background and history, then to wallet installation and setup.
Technicals and Cryptography